(W200) Breaking Bad: Pharmacologic Impact of Medications on Wound Healing
- Room: 517 a-c
- Session Number: W200
Sunday, June 05, 2016: 2:50 PM - 3:50 PM
Contact Hours: 1
Wound care clinicians are familiar with the use of medications to treat or prevent skin and wound care problems. However they may be less aware that pharmacological therapies can cause adverse skin events and/or impair wound healing. This session will discuss pathomechanisms for adverse wound healing and skin changes and discuss clinical presentations.
The participant will be able to:
1. Describe impact of pharmacological therapy on wound healing and skin integrity.
2. Explain the patho-mechanisms of drug-induced skin reactions.
3. Delineate drugs commonly and rarely causing wound healing impairment/adverse skin reactions.
4. Describe clinical presentation and therapy for exemplar drug-induced skin reactions.
5. Discuss clinical practices mitigating drug effects.